When one thinks on bees, the usual thought process turns to a couple of potential avenues. We think of honey, the hive, the queen bee and strength in numbers. We also think about their vital place in nature and our ecosystem. There’s been debate about the extinction status of bees as well. However one byproduct that usually gets overlooked in beeswax. Raw beeswax is a natural substance secreted by bees with varying color. It has a bevy of skincare benefits such as hydration, lightweight exfoliation and reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Beeswax is also great at healing abrasions, soothing chapped skin and environmental damage protection.
Some other fun facts about Beeswax are listed below.
1. Noncomedogenic- Beeswax does not clog pores.
2. Anti inflammatory- decreases irritation, inflammation and redness associated with acne, rosacea, psoriasis and eczema.
3. Product Base- makes a great foundation for candles, lip balms, perfume solid and deodorant.
4. Antibacterial: fights bacterial at the topical and cellular level.
5. Hair Treatment: works wonderfully in hair masks, leave in conditioner, hair serums and shampoos.
6. Durability: Beeswax has a very long shelf life when stored properly.
We use Raw Beeswax in the following products.
1. Before & After Sun Moisturizer
2. Eczema Cream