Shea Butter is one of the skincare juggernauts in the beauty industry. The Butter is derived from the nut from the Karite tree. Found in West African countries such as Senegal, Ethiopia, Burkina Faso and the Sudan, this versatile cream has been in used for many centuries. One fact that you should know is that unrefined Shea Butter looks chalky white yet takes on a rich yellow hue when the roots are added during the cultivation process. But that’s not all; Shea Butter much more to offer. Here some of the best.
1. Humectant-it melts on the skin at room temperature and binds water to the skin leaving a soft glow for hours to come.
2. Into-inflammatory/anti-microbial- repairs and heals many types of skin issue; cuts, burns, bug bites. It also helps protect against dry winds and sun damage.
3. Contains vitamins A & E which fight against free radical damage, soothes dry skin, increases skin elasticity and anti aging capabilities.
4. Super hydration for cuticles, eczema cracked heels and dry elbows.
5. Antibacterial-excellent in fighting skin and scalp conditions such as acne, eczema, sebhorreic dermatitis and psoriasis
6. Skin/Body treatament- Shea Butter works well when combined with other natural ingredients in reducing stretch marks as well as razor bumps and ingrown hairs in men’s grooming regimens.
7. Baby Care- excellent for handling diaper rash.
8. Hair Loss Prevention- when utilized as a hair mask/ conditioner, Shea Butter helps strengthen hair follicles and improve overall scalp health.
We use Shea Butter in these products:
1. Before & After Sun Moisturizer
2. Eczema Cream